Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just How To Allow Your Dog Enjoy Family Time
09-24-2017, 06:15 AM,
Big Grin  Just How To Allow Your Dog Enjoy Family Time
I followed a 1 year-old female dog about a year ago. I've 2 cats who grew up with dogs and like dogs. When my dog first appeared, the first couple of days she was subdued-- being in-a new surrounding - however she wished to play tough with the cats... which did not set too well using them.

The cats run and whenever we make an effort to have all of them within the same room together when watching TELEVISION, and so forth she chases. I have been keeping them separate with child gates (your dog in your kitchen a...

Precious Adam,

I adopted a-1 year-old female dog about a year before. I have 2 cats who grew up with dogs and like dogs. This lovely this site wiki has many elegant aids for where to study it. When my dog first came, the first couple of days she was subdued-- being in-a new surrounding - however she wanted to play tough with the cats... which didn't set too well with them.

The cats run and she chases when we make an effort to have them all within the same room together when watching TELEVISION, and so forth. I've been keeping them separate with baby gates (the dog in the kitchen and the cats in living room) and do not allow the dog over until both cats are external. The dog winds up spending too much time in the limits of your kitchen with this technique.

Is there a method to teach her that people don't want her rough-housing with the cats for them to all be together in the same place when I am present? The e-collar looks great but therefore costly. In case you hate to discover additional information about click here, there are many databases people can investigate. Perhaps a less expensive option? Thanks. Enjoyed the book!

Willie Mae & DeAnne

Expensive Willie DeAnne: & Mae

If the cats run, they are triggering your dog's prey drive. This is natural. But, it's also natural for your dog to defer judgement to his group leader.

What this signifies is that: You must behave like the group leader.

In other words, if you tell you dog to lay down, you should USE THE TECHNIQUES in the book (time, consistency and motivation) to keep the dog in a down-stay.

I professionally LOVE having cats around when I am training. What might be easier to proof your dog around?

Remember, your pet should remain down AND soon you give him the 'Take a break'! Demand. If he gets as much as chase the cats, then you may need to fix him back in the down position.

If he gets up again, it is a sure bet that the improvements lack motivation. (Correct more strongly. Be sure you are getting slack in-the line. When the dog's human body is moving when you right him, then you're using muscle as opposed to technique... To study more, please consider checking out: visit our site. not good!)

That you do not need an electric collar. Merely a $12 prong collar and a six-foot leash.

Your friends will think you're a genius, once you get your pet to keep a down-stay around cats using nothing more than enthusiasm, reliability and proper timing. Or the lost love child of Sigmund and Roy.

Now when you can only get these darn cats experienced!

That's all for now, people!

Adam.